Property Owners/Managers: To access the Property Owner Direct Deposit Enrollment Form, click here (fillable form: use "save," "save as" or "save page as" function, save to computer, type in information, print, date and sign, and mail.)
Click here for information about using the Owner's Portal, where MBHP property owners can view housing assistance payment information, payment history and more.
MBHP offers a variety of programs to help landlords with maintaining their properties and negotiating with tenants. These include:
- Affordable Homeownership - MBHP offers the Homes for Good Program for low- and moderate-income first-time homebuyers.
- Home Modification Assistance - the Home Modification Loan Program provides loans to make access modifications to the primary permanent residence of elders, adults with disabilities, and families with children with disabilities.
- Homelessness and Eviction Prevention - MBHP administers several programs to help tenants avoid eviction through services, resources, and emergency funds. If you have a tenant who is facing eviction due to a rental arrearage or other issue, please refer them to us.
- Leasing Assistance - MBHP can help you to navigate the regulations of the Section 8 Program and the lease approval process, and to learn your rights and responsibilities as a landlord.
- Mediation - Free tenant-landlord mediation services for the Greater Boston area are available through Just-A-Start Corporation's Mediation for Results.
- Rent Determination - MBHP's process of determining "reasonable rents" for voucher holders based on current private market rents and taking into account unit size, location, features, and amenities. Required by HUD for all Section 8 subsidies.
For more information about any of these programs, please call our Housing Consumer Education Center at (617) 425-6700. To stay informed about our resources, programs, and events, join our e-mail list!